Home Campus Directory | A-Z Index

The campus shuttle provides transportation for students at specific times of the year.

Residence Hall Closings

When Harmony Hall is closed, the Office of Residence Life offers transportation to and from the Pittsburgh International Airport and Pittsburgh transportation stations, such as the Megabus, Amtrak, and Greyhound stations.

  • Sign-up information regarding transportation will be posted in Harmony Hall and a reminder to sign up will be emailed to students a few weeks prior to break and the closing of the hall.
  • Students who are interested in transportation must register in person by stopping in the Student Development Center, room 101, Student Union Building, to complete a Transportation Request Form.
  • The driver is only available from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.  on specific dates that are scheduled for hall closings. When booking your travel tickets, please keep in mind that the driver may not be able to accommodate transportation needs that are very early or very late in the day. In order to accommodate the needs of as many students as possible, the driver maintains a strict schedule. Sometimes students may need to arrive early or wait for a pick-up, depending on the driver's schedule. *

*Please note that transportation services are not available if a student is traveling at a time other than when the campus opens or closes. Each student is responsible for finding his/her own transportation to and from his/her destinations during times other than campus opening or closing.

If the campus transportation schedule doesn't meet your needs, three alternative services offer transportation to the Pittsburgh International Airport. Please note that the campus is approximately 18 miles from the airport. You may contact these services as follows:


$32.35 one way or $62.70 round-trip

J B. Taxi Service
$3.05 for initial passenger pick up, plus $2.45 per mile

Yellow Cab
To Pittsburgh International Airport - approximately $35
To downtown Pittsburgh - approximately $90
The exact cost of a fare is determined by Yellow Cab at the time of the trip.


Residence Hall Closing Dates - Spring 2015

Spring Break 2015 

Harmony Hall will close at noon, Saturday, March 8, 2015.
Transportation will be available Friday, March 7 and Saturday, March 8, 2015.
Harmony Hall will re-open at 11:00 a.m., Sunday, March 15, 2015.
Transportation will be available only at noon, Sunday, March 15, 2015. 

End of Spring 2015 Semester

Harmony Hall will close at noon, Saturday, May 9, 2015.

Transportation will be available during finals week from Wednesday, May 6 through Saturday, May 9, 2015.

Additional Transportation

Tuesday Night Shuttle

On Tuesday every semester, the campus shuttle is available to transport students to the Beaver County YMCA as well as a variety of local shopping and entertainment sites. There's no need to preregister for the shuttle; it operates on a first-come, first-served basis.


On Tuesday and Thursday, the Beaver County YMCA offers free admission to Penn State students with a student I.D. Hours are 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. The campus shuttle is only available on Tuesday. The driver will pick up students at 6:45 p.m. in front of Harmony Hall and will return to the YMCA at 9:30 p.m. to transport students back to campus.



Transportation is also available to local shopping areas on Tuesdays. This is a great opportunity for students to stock up on necessities, especially during the winter months when it's difficult to walk to local stores.

The campus shuttle picks up students at 7:30 p.m. in front of Harmony Hall. Transportation back to campus will be between 8:30 and 8:45 p.m. depending on the students’ drop off locations. The local shopping area includes Walmart, Target, Kohls, Ross, Marshall's, Best Buy, Pier 1 Imports, Macy's, JC Penney, Boscov's, Lowe's, the Beaver Valley Mall, and many other retail stores.


Movie Theater

On Tuesday any movie at the Cinemark Movie Theater is only $5.25! This offer is good all day so that students can view any film of their choice. The campus shuttle is available in the evening and picks students up at 9:45 p.m. in front of Harmony Hall. The shuttle will return to pick up students at approximately midnight.

Check out the Cinemark movie schedule anytime at www.cinemark.com.

Weekend Shuttles

On most Saturdays during the semester, students have an option to leave campus to attend activities hosted by Penn State Beaver and/or to catch the campus shuttle to various designated locations. Details are posted monthly.

Campus Shuttle

The shuttle typically runs on Saturdays and takes students to various shopping and/or entertainment areas in the Pittsburgh area. Each week's trip is posted on the bulletin board in front of Harmony Hall. The shuttle service is free to students, but students are encouraged to pre-register in advance. Any remaining seats will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.

Campus Activities

During the semester, the Office of Student Activities offers trips to various entertainment venues. These scheduled events give students the opportunity to attend great events at a reduced rate and transportation is included in the fee. All activities are advertised on campus and students must register to attend by visiting the Student Development Suite, room 101, Student Union Building. For more information about campus events, please visit beaver.psu.edu/events

Trips to Penn State University Park

Several times throughout the semester, the Beaver campus Student Government Association (SGA) travels to Penn State University Park for meetings or activities. The campus provides transportation in a large passenger van for these trips. Open seats are available for any current Penn State Beaver student, but students must preregister. The cost is $10 per student and includes transportation to and from University Park; this is usually a one-night trip. Students are responsible for all overnight accommodations. Most students use these trips as an opportunity to visit a friend or family member who is currently living at University Park.   

For International Students

International students often need transportation to various locations in order to obtain a Social Security card and/or a Pennsylvania driver's license, to make or keep medical appointments, or for other personal reasons. Transportation is not guaranteed, but it's possible that arrangements may be made, based on student needs and when a driver is available. For more information or to make a transportation request, please contact Jill Bender, staff assistant, Office of Residence Life, room 101, Student Union Building, 724-773-3959.