Top Reasons to Participate
- Gain experience that looks great on resumés and in letters of recommendation.
- Work closely with a faculty mentor who might provide recommendations for you later in your college or post-college career.
- Become comfortable with advances in library resources.
- Gain a head start in upper-division or graduate coursework by using discipline-specific sources now.
- Practice vital communication skills.
- Take ownership of a subject by explaining it to others.
- Gain experience with research design and implementation.
- Learn what it means to contribute to a special field or area of knowledge.
- Learn more about and develop an idea of genuine interest to you.