Designed for entry-level, non-diabetes clinicians to help them work with diabetes patients
- Overview of diabetes facts
- Demonstration of proper procedure for insulin administration
- Complete competency for insulin administration
- Demonstration of proper procedure for blood glucose monitoring
- Complete competency for blood glucose monitoring
- Demonstrations for administering medication, oral and injected
- A certificate will be awarded upon satisfactory demonstration and completion of training objectives, competencies, and methods of this course.
Our faculty member is a Penn State-approved registered nurse and diabetes certified instructor.
- Participants earn .7 continuing education units
- Diabetes certification upon satisfactory completion of program
This program can be held at your site or at Penn State Beaver. To schedule a convenient time for your organization, please contact the Office of Continuing Education, 724-773-3700.
Office of Continuing Education
102 Ross Administration Building
Penn State Beaver
100 University Drive
Monaca, PA 15061
Monday through Friday,
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.