Faculty and staff honored at Awards Banquet
Eight Penn State Beaver faculty and staff members were honored for their contributions in and out of the classroom at the annual Spring Awards Banquet held recently on campus.
The Penn State Beaver Advisory Board sponsored six $500 awards for the following:
Mari Pierce, assistant professor of administration of justice
- Michael Baker Corporation Faculty Excellence in Research Award
- NOVA Chemicals Inc. Faculty Excellence in Service Award
Kevin Bennett, instructor in psychology
- Andrews Industrial Controls, Inc. Faculty Excellence in Teaching Award
Kristen Oberg, lecturer in English
- ESB Bank Adjunct Faculty Excellence in Teaching Award
Gretchen Samchuck, coordinator, Division of Undergraduate Studies
- C3 Controls Staff Excellence Award
Denise Turyan, staff assistant, Office of Student Affairs
- Value Ambridge Properties Inc. Staff Service Award
In addition, Cassandra Miller-Butterworth, assistant professor of biology, received the Outstanding Academic Adviser Award, and Chris Rizzo, director of student affairs, received the Outstanding Club Adviser Award.
For information about the awards, contact the Office of Academic Affairs at email@example.com or 724-773-3571.