Digital Signage System and Student Listserv
Digital Signage System
The Digital Signage System uses PowerPoint slides to inform the campus community of upcoming events, programs, and activities. Digital display units are located in the following areas: Brodhead Bistro, Gary B. Keefer Wellness Center, General Classroom Building, Gymnasium, Harmony Hall residence hall lobby, Laboratory Classroom Building, Library, Michael Baker Science and Engineering Building, Ross Administration Building, and Student Union Building (upper and lower lobbies).
Submission Guidelines for Digital Signage System and Student Listserv
All information and advertisements pertaining to an event(s) must be submitted for the Student Listserv or Digital Signage System by 5:00 p.m. at least one Wednesday before the event(s) is scheduled to take place. Please submit your information as follows:
Student Listserv: Offices should use the guidelines below to ensure quality of messages. Student organizations may send an email that includes the information below to Jennifer Toof, coordinator of student activities and residence life, 724-773-3947.
Digital Signage: Please send a PowerPoint 2003 or jpg slide with the information below to Jennifer Toof. The slide must be 15" wide by 8.3" high. For complete instructions, please click here (pdf file). If you have questions or need more information, please contact Jill Bender, staff assistant, Office of Residence Life, 724-773-3959.
- Only one announcement per event will be posted. Examples are:
- Last day to register for spring classes is (day and date). To register, please go to (location) from (time) to (time).
- SGA elections will be held (day and date) in the (location) from (time) to (time).
- Congratulations to the Beaver (men's women's varsity team) on a winning season!
- Join the (name of group/club)! We meet every (day) at (time) in the (location).
- Women's softball vs. Penn State Greater Allegheny - Final Score: Beaver 7, Greater Allegheny 3
- The following information must be written in bold in all event announcements:
- Name of event
- Day and date of event (Monday, March 18)
- Time (Noon to 2:00 p.m.)
- Location (If necessary, include rain location.)
- Description and/or event details (John Smith is an outstanding rock musician who has drawn standing-room only crowds at venues throughout the United States. The campus community is invited to attend this free event.)
- Event sponsor (group, office, or person(s))
- If Student Activity Fee (SAF) funding is used for full or partial support of an event, the use of these funds must be clearly stated in all announcements.
Penn State encourages qualified persons with disabilities to participate in its programs and activities.
Individuals or groups who anticipate the need for specific types of accommodations or who have questions about physical access at Penn State Beaver are asked to contact Jill Tress, learning center and disabilities services coordinator, 724-773-3867, prior to visiting campus.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and other protected groups. For more information, visit nondiscrimination at http://guru.psu.edu/policies/ AD85.html.
- Student Activities