Involvement in activities and organizations can be an important step in enhancing and reaching your educational goals. We want to help you foster and develop interpersonal and leadership skills for your success on campus as well as later in your career.
The Office of Student Activities works with students, faculty, and staff to support social, cultural, leadership, and recreational programs and events.
While you're having fun and meeting new friends, your involvement in student groups and activities will be an important addition to your resume. In addition, students who become involved in extracurricular activities often enjoy enhanced academic success as well.
No matter what your area of interest, you can always find something at Penn State Beaver that will add to your educational and learning experiences in and out of the classroom.
The Office of Student Activities is always open to new ideas, and we're interested in students' thoughts about events and activities. If you have ideas or questions, please contact Jennifer Toof, coordinator of student activities and residence life, 724-773-3947.
What We Do
- Provide general administrative services to all clubs and student organizations
- Coordinate campus cultural programs and events throughout the academic year
- Direct and plan New Student Day (NSO) and Orientation
- Advise the Student Government Association (SGA)
- Coordinate service learning opportunities
- Plan and implement student leadership development programs
- Direct student activities and events, including performing artists and bands, regional activities, speakers, evening events, the Diversity Speakers Series, and Welcome Week activities
Penn State encourages qualified persons with disabilities to participate in its programs and activities.
Individuals or groups who anticipate the need for specific types of accommodations or who have questions about physical access at Penn State Beaver are asked to contact Jill Tress, learning center and disabilities services coordinator, 724-773-3867, prior to visiting campus.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and other protected groups. For more information, visit Nondiscrimination: http://guru.psu.edu/policies/ AD85.html
- Student Activities
- Student Services
- Housing and Food Services