The Penn State Beaver Office of Career Services serves current students and Penn State alumni in any stage of career development. Our services are designed to help you make informed career decisions and learn more about the ongoing journey or career management, before and after graduation.
Whether you're exploring majors and/or career options, preparing for an internship, seeking job search services, or considering graduate school, our Career Services Office is here to assist you. We're all about your success in college and beyond.
Career planning is often a challenging process that can be complicated by many factors, such as expectations of others, lack of self-confidence, and labor market conditions. Regardless of your academic major or class year, Penn State Career Services is here to assist you in identifying and achieving your individual career goals.
Here are just a few of the topics we can help you explore:
- Choosing or changing a career direction
- Understanding the relationship between choice of major and career plans
- Assessing abilities, interests, and priorities
- Locating sources of career information
- Learning about graduate school options and the admission process
- Composition of resume and cover letter
- Job search strategies
- Creating a LinkedIn Profile
- Developing interview skills
- Dressing for success
- Posting your resume on the Nittany Lion Career Network (NLCN)
- Any related concerns, such as making the transition from college to work and coping with parental or financial pressures
- Many other topics..........
To schedule an appointment, please visit the Student Development Center in room 101, Student Union Building (SUB) or contact Staff Assistant Jill Bender, 724-773-3959, or Staff Assistant Denise Turyan, 724-773-3951. We look forward to assisting you!
Get to know yourself better. Learn how your interests, values, abilities, and attitudes line up with careers. Take a self-assessment to learn a little bit more about yourself and find out where the right fit for you can be found!
Examine academic majors as they relate to your career interests, investigate options for majors at Penn State, and explore information about graduate schools.
Preparing to launch your job or internship search starts with quality resumes, cover letters, Curriculum Vitae (CV), and plenty of practice interviews. Find out how to prepare yourself for an interview with these quick tips.
The job search process involves more than looking at job postings on websites. Make the most of your search by researching employers and networking as much as possible to tap into the hidden job market.
- Career Services for Students
- Other Career Services