The Penn State Beaver Office of Career Services serves current students and Penn State alumni in any stage of career development. Our services are designed to help you make informed career decisions and learn more about the ongoing journey or career management, before and after graduation.
Whether you're exploring majors and/or career options, preparing for an internship, seeking job search services, or considering graduate school, our Career Services Office is here to assist you. We're all about your success in college and beyond.
Career planning is often a challenging process that can be complicated by many factors, such as expectations of others, lack of self-confidence, and labor market conditions. Regardless of your academic major or class year, Penn State Career Services is here to assist you in identifying and achieving your individual career goals.
Here are just a few of the topics we can help you explore:
- Choosing or changing a career direction
- Understanding the relationship between choice of major and career plans
- Assessing abilities, interests, and priorities
- Locating sources of career information
- Learning about graduate school options and the admission process
- Composition of resume and cover letter
- Job search strategies
- Creating a LinkedIn Profile
- Developing interview skills
- Dressing for success
- Posting your resume on the Nittany Lion Career Network (NLCN)
- Any related concerns, such as making the transition from college to work and coping with parental or financial pressures
- And many, many more topics
To schedule an appointment, stop by the Student Development Center in Student Union Building (SUB) 101 or contact an Office of Student Affairs staff assistant at 724-773-3959 or 724-773-3951. We look forward to assisting you.
Get to know yourself a little better and how your interests, values, abilities and attitudes line up with careers. Take a self-assessment to learn a little bit more about yourself and where the right fit for you is!
Examine academic majors as they relate to your career interests, options for majors at Penn State, and explore information on graduate schools.
Preparing to launch your job or internship search starts with quality resumes, cover letters, Curriculum Vitae and interview practice. Ready yourself for an interview with a few quick tips.
The job search process involves more than looking at job postings on websites. Make the most of your search by researching employers and networking to tap into the hidden job market.
Brenda Schultz, MA
Student Development Center
Student Union Building
- Career Services for Students
- Other Career Services