The Center for Academic Achievement (CAA) offers the following services:
- Professional tutors in writing (any subject area), math (any level), and statistics
- Student/peer tutors in a variety of subjects
- Copies of required texts for most courses
- Specialized software programs for math, business, engineering, and many other areas
- An ANGEL site with hundreds of subject-oriented tip sheets, mini-lessons, and links
- Testing and other accomodations for students with documented disabilities
- Free Internet access
In addition, the CAA provides a comfortable and student-friendly environment:
- Twelve computers and a laser printer for use in working on assignments and projects
- A large whiteboard area near the computers
- A room with round tables and chalkboard for group study sessions
- Tables enabling students to work one-on-one with a tutor or friend
- A quiet reading/study room with comfortable furniture
- Study tools such as scratch paper, calculators, and various office supplies
The CAA ANGEL site provides a list of courses available for tutoring as well as the tutors appropriate for those disciplines.
For a tutoring appointment, please use our NEW online appointment scheduler from WC Online® at http://psubr.mywconline.com/index.php.
Center for Academic Achievement
Ross Administration Building
Monday - Friday
9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Jill M. Tress
Learning Center and Disabilities Services Coordinator
Schedule a Tutoring Appointment
For a tutoring appointment, please use our NEW online appointment scheduler from WC Online®.Schedule Appointment
Check out the new CAA ANGEL resource site!
- Lists of required and supplemental textbooks available in the Center
- Subject and lesson-oriented tip sheets
- Mini-lessons on PowerPoint
- Solutions manuals for select course texts
- Help for students with disabilities
- Teaching aids for educators
- Resources for peer tutors
More than 900 resources are already available with more to come.
This site is available to all Penn State students.
- Sign into ANGEL, then go to the "My Groups" section.
- Search for "Center for Academic Achievement" and self-register.